Readers, are you up for a contest challenge to win one of the ABC Game contestant books? If so, please read on!
September 1, 2017 was a pivotal date in my IT’S ALL ABOUT THE WORDS, webpage. On that special date, I kicked off a new blog series for my site, titled, ABC’S OFF THE TOP OF YOUR HEAD, an ABC Game played with contestants who answer a category sheet from A-Z off the top of their head. They are then asked ‘off the top of my head’ questions based on their category answers. In fact, there always 7 questions.
Kicking off my new series, as my first contestant is the stupendous, picture book author and kidlit mentor, Susanna Leonard Hill! Needless to say, she rocked it and gave the thumbs up to my new series. Thank you Susanna!!! I will recap after I explain how the contest works.
How to enter the contest: Name at least one of the two elements that I use to define each contestant’s game post in the comment section of this post on or before March 1, 2018. [Bonus: if you can also name my favorite color, I will put your name into the drawing twice.] You may comment your answer anytime (on this post or Facebook posts about it to help me keep track) until March 1, 2018.
Here is a hint: none of the category sheets for each contestant is the exact same but…every contestant does give me 2 specific element answers that helps me define their game play post and makes their game play unique other than just their answers.
To help you figure this out, below is a list of the contestants according to their Game play date. Click on their name and reread their game play. If you need more help before you answer, when future contestants game play posts, pay attention to their answers, my questions and answers, and the look of the post.
- 9-1-2017 – Children’s Author & Mentor Susanna Leonard Hill
- 9-8-2017 – Children’s Author & Illustrator Shennen Bersani
- 9-22-2017 – Children’s Author Jamie A. Swenson
- 9–29-2017 – Children’s Author Pat Z Miller
- 10-6-2017 – Children’s Author & Illustrator Teresa Robeson
- 10-13-2017 – MG/YA Author Jo Knowles
- 10-20-2017 – Kidlit Editor & Mentor Laura Backes
- 10-27-2017 – Children’s Author Josh Funk
- 11-3-2017 – Freelance Editor & Humor Author Chuck Sambuchino
- 11-10-2017 – YA Author Charlotte Bennardo
- 11-17-2017 – Children’s Author & Illustrator Vanessa Brantley-Newton
- 11-24-2017 – Children’s Author Deborah Underwood
- 12-1-2017 – Children’s/YA Author Mary Amato
- 12-8-2017 – Children’s Author Janet Halfmann
- 12-15-2017 – Children’s/MG Author Sandy Brehl
- 12-22-2017 – Freelance Editor & Author Harold Underdown
- 12-29-2017 – Children’s/MG NF author Jennifer Swanson
- 1-5-2018 – Children’s Author & Poet Renée LaTulippe (this post still has a #giveaway going until January 26, 2018)
On March 2, 2018, I will post the two elements/themes answers and randomly draw, from those of you who gave me correct answers, a winner. The prize will be a newest release book I buy, from one of the authors and/or illustrators who has played my ABC Game between September 1, 2017 and February 23, 2018. I will randomly draw the prize itself from the ABC Game contestants names February 23, 2018. The prize itself, (not the winner of the prize), will then be named on my website February 26, 2018. The winner of this contest will be announced on my website, March 5, 2018.
To learn more about each contestant, click on their website link below.
Thank you to all of you who have read or are currently reading this blog. AND thank you to all of my contestants on my new ABC Game for making this series so fun to do!!
That’s it folks! Good luck with the contest! I look forward to reading your answers in the comments below.
To be eligible, you must be age 18 or over and live in the continental USA.